Thursday, October 06, 2005

ON COLD NIGHTS.....

...................EAT SINIGANG!

AT LAST....

after several days of gloomy weather,the sun crept out from behind the clouds....

It's a welcome treat, even for half-a-day only,

if we are to go by the weather prediction [which is, btw, almost always perfect].

After all those laundry needs to be done and the rooms need some air.

I always go for airy clean rooms.

*

HOT SOUPS on cold days [or nights] always make each meal a great feast for me.

Last night, feeling cold and alone,I made some SINIGANG.

I still have that Mix I brought from homelast time.

Some pork, veggies [radish,tomatoes, leeks] and hot new rice made my dinner superb.

There are lots of left-overs,so my lunch wouldn't pose much problem,would it?

As usual, I gave a bowlful to the nearest Oba-San, to which she wasgrateful...I hope!

She always liked that 'EZU-NIK' [translation:ETHNIC] concoction

since she liked the SUPPAI [MAASIM] AJI [TASTE].

I remembered that and her many YASASHI [KIND] gestures to me in the past, so there.

**

Here, the people live like the Barangays of old.

People in the community share some of the harvest and in return,

recieve those from others as well.

I guess this works [still] in the small towns and cities. Perhaps, it does in big cities and the Metropolisamong old friends and neighbors.

With the proliferation of "MANSIONS" [ that is the Japanese version of CONDOs],

and apartment-housing, most modern-day Japanese no longer know the art of socializing.

Same is true, I guess with most Pinoys, huh?

***

TODAY, I'll be a bit busy.That is, I need to go to the Bank for some transactions.

Jiji can't do it since he's been busy in his business

and no one except I can negotiate [yabang, ano?] his Bank account transfers, ad infinitum.

****

GOT TO GO and check where that fire trucks are going...

The sirens have become louder....

must be near here....

somewhere....

*****


No comments: