Friday, September 30, 2005

WHEN YOU FEEL DOWN: SHOP!

I FELT SOMEWHAT UNEASY..

I don't know how to say it...

But I just can't stay at home and watch TV.

Besides, I can't even say what I feel:

somehow, I feel out.

I can't even voice an opinion.

Goodness !!!

I am lonely!

*

....So...

I decided to go out after my last class.

I remember a line in one of the Reads I have encountered a zillion years ago...

It says: "When you feel down, wear bright clothes and face the sun.

Affirm: I am good, I am loved, I am beautiful!

**

"What better way to make oneself beautiful than to start with how I look?

So......

I went to the Parlor first and looked inside.

I asked if I can be accommodated.

I know, I know...

I didn't have an appointment.

But it's too late for that now.

I need to pamper myself and start with my hair.

OK?

Good.

I was lucky to be taken in.

After sitting for two and a half hour:being shampooed, rinsed, cut and blowed-dry...

I was off to my next destination:

THE SHOPPING PLAZA:

Step 1: The SUPERMARKET!

I SAW ON TV that there is a YUSHO [VICTORY] SALE in almost all Supermarkets, department stores that have connections [that is, partly owned by Hanshin[ with the TIGERS.

So there. I went to ITO YOKADO first.

Yeah, this one is owned by the 7-11 Group here...

THE DISCOUNTS ranged from 10-20% ....It was fun, indeed....especially if one has oodles and oodles of dinero to splurge.

After several bags,packages...I stopped

and wait for tomorrow....at another one: JUSCO.

I heard they, too, are offering 20% off.Cool.

***

THE TROUBLE is that it IS Autumn.

Most Summer things have been swept out of the counters and locked for next.

So I was able to buy only the left-oversummer tees, sizes LL and L for the guys back home.

WHEN I passed by the ColdCut section, I saw some BLACK TIGER SHRIMPS

which was up for sale at 70 yen each!Down 30.

And 'twas from the Philippines!

It says so in the tag.

At least, kumikita ang 'Pinas if I patronize Philippine products, eh?

I did take 10 for future use: EBI TEMPURA.

****

HAVING EXERCISED MY LEGS by walking here and there...

looking for the best buy,I grew tired and decided to call it a day.

*****

IT WAS DARK OUTSIDE as I emerged from the covered roof parking.

And the traffic was bumper-to-bumper.

Gosh!

It was nearly six and most employees and workers are going home.

Just like me.

*****

SO...SHOPPING BOOSTS ONE'S EGO?

NAAAH!

IT only lightens your wallet!

*******

GOIN' SHOPPING ?

COME WITH ME!

********


No comments: