Saturday, September 03, 2005

IT'S SEPTEMBERRRRRR.......

SEPTEMBER RAINS..... are here again...and they prove to be harsher than ordinary rains.

ALTHOUGH the weather seem the same, its a bit mushy than last month's.

LAST NIGHT, I went out to dinner with a friend. It has been sometme since I did that. I don't usually go out nights. But I enjoyed the dinner and went back home past my bedtime. I woke up late this morning, so I missed the KUSAKARI [ GRASS-CUTTING] of the area. That means I have to pay the fine imposed for non-attendance. Great! 0h well....

HARVEST TIME is here and the scene here seems replicated everywhere in this region. Tractors fill every paddy hereabouts and truckloads of newly-harvested rice are busy transporting them to warehouses adjacent to the farmers' homes. Some who do not maintain big warehouses sell their produce to JA: a farmers' cooperative that makes limits the price of rice in this country.

LOOKING at the golden paddies full of rice stalks, I can't help but be reminded of humility. There is an ADAGE attached to this. It speaks of knowledge or wealth, and how people deals with them. Some of us who have gained a little seem to put success in our heads, that we forget to be humble. I wish we remember this for as long as we live.

NEWLY-HARVESTED rice always taste good. No...they are excellent! I hope I can bring lots when I go back home for the holidays. But relatives would rather prefer MILAGROSA or JASMINE RICE than JAPANESE RICE. I wonder why. Maybe because Japanese rice are softer? ....and Pinoys are used to firmer ones? Hm....

WEATHER FORECASTS says there is another typhoon brewing in the Pacific. I hope this one would go straight to NOKOR and SOKOR. That way, we can be spared from its havoc. Reports say it's quite strong... And I am afraid. After Katrina's wrath, I'd rather not have typhoons and storms.... Tama na yung konting ambon, paminsan-minsan....

ANYWAYS.......I AM STILL WAITNG....SANKEI...hope to hear from you SOON!

GOD IS GREAT: HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL......

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!


No comments: