Friday, September 23, 2005

IT'S OFFICIAL: AUTUMN IS HERE!

Today marks the AUTUMN EQUINOX.

That means Autumn has officially entered the Calendar.

SO WHAT'S the difference?

WELL, for starters,

as most Pinoy kids would put it by way of singing........

"ANG GABI AY LUMALAMIG NA,ANG HAMOG KUMIKINANG SA UMAGA,..

ANG HANGIN AY NAGWIWIKA NA PASKO NA NGA!"....

YEAH, dusks come early and dawns arrive late...

clouds loom across the skies and my coffee must be taken ASAP or else,

I'll be left with some tepid brew and it wouldn't be the coffee I so much wanted.

Same with my bath.

NOTHING HAS made the change in seasons more defined

than the change I noticed from the sunshine that creeps through.

Now it is by the Living room window.

It used to shine first through the kitchen's.

THE SUNSHINE is even softer than it was in Summer.

I can stay longer outside more in the mornings and not fear

about that sunscreens and UV-cut thing.

AUTUMN..AUTUMN ...

THE LEAVES will soon change colors,

and they will turn red, and gold, and orange...

and they will FALL...which, btw, is another name for AUTUMN.

SOME DO NOT LIKE AUTUMN:they associate it with the near-end of life.

Leaves fall and trees seem to reach old age.

And they fall...to the grounds.Then they 'die' or 'rest' for the WINTER.

To rise again in SPRING.

BUT FOR ME,

autumn and its wild colors and the crisp air makes it best.

It also marks the preparation period for that one-great Holiday we all love:CHRISTMAS!

Besides, I was born in Autumn

and I had a very moving experience in Autumn

when I had my first encounter with it some years back.

The BEAUTY and the spirit of Autumn will always remain

in the remotest corners of my Heart

and in the deepest recesses of my Minds.

WELCOME AUTUMN !!!!

WELCOME LIFE !!!!


1 comment:

Yuwe said...

Nice one. :)