Monday, February 20, 2006

A LA CARTE

Take your pick: anything is free!
That is what one gets if you run for office and "win"
....provided you have the "machinery."
That, I believe is the fundamental tenet of every politician"elected"
or appointed by the hands of gods,
the colors of whom are as black as the pit from where they came.
They are::::::::::
>FREE to grant illegal logging permit, mining permit or even sanction illegal Jueteng, or anything illegal under their very noses!
>FREE to appropriate public funds to cover even the salaryof their 'Hardinero', Cook, or 'Labandera'....
>FREE to manipulate digits and numbers to accomodate their whims...
>FREE to do as they will, after all, "what are they in power for?"
I could go on and on and the list will stretch to eternity...
These will go unnoticed until a disaster comes a-visiting their areas,
and lo!....the public takes notice.
I am not complaining because of personalities or whachamaccalit....
I have been espousing this lines some ten or so years ago.
***
PINOY ako, and my Father whose death twenty-years ago proved
he loved PILIPINAS more than he loved his own,
because he chose to stay in Inang Bayan,
rather than seek treatment in his native Land.....
makes me think twice.
He always said ours is better than any other country
he had been to. I cannot understand that when I was young.
Now I do.
Like my Father before me, I LOVE this country more
than I do any other Land I have migrated to.
I sincerely hope and pray that all necessary Programs or Plans be implemented ASAP
to save our natural resources.
EVERYONE must GET INVOLVED and NOT ALLOW anyone
to desecrate our LAND.
STOP ILLEGALS: logging, mining, and anything that may ruin nature.
STOP even the so-called "authorities" who cut trees.....
or who allow them....
Let us all work together to PLANT MORE TREES
and PARTICIPATE in any COMMUNITY PROJECT
that may help the Country in any good endeavour.
IWAS-KALAT,
LINIS-BAKURAN/PALIGID,...
kahit ano!
MAKIALAM...
..NGAYON!
******

No comments: