Thursday, February 09, 2006

Enjoying What We Choose

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.
-Josh Billings
I realize that as I travel LIFE's road....
....alone!
I have never been dependent on my relatives,
more so with my siblings who are now happy [I presume!? ]
with their own families.
I was left to decide on some important issues that haunted my existence
after my parents died.
I have to live alone lest I be considered a parasite by people
who just entered into the picture.
I decided to stay here to help an old man who live alone
and who had trouble keeping house.....
and who have lost his CashCards for the -nth time....
>>Not that he is a fool,
but because he is struggling with his faculties
which have been deteriorating little by little in the past decade.
Sometimes I wonder if I am doing right........
staying here............ away from people I know, that is.
Oftentimes I wish I was in another area,
in another hemisphere, in another land
where I can pursue further studies
or better still, work in some projects close to my heart.
But good or bad, I am here,
and I might as well enjoy my time while I help an old man....
He is still strong in body, although he reminds me of old folks who have lost themselves in spirit as their age bring them to that phase of life where they return to being babied....
I guess I have to be here not only for his sake [he often gets into my nerves! ]
but for the memory of my Father whose Yamato Spirit was so strong.....
May God give me strength of character and Spirit to do as I may...
and ENJOY LIFE, too....
as I embark on this journey until when, I have no idea......
Until then, I have to face the SUN and be GLAD....
for my lot is here.
Gotta accept that lest my mood bring me somewhere else.....
******

No comments: