Thursday, August 18, 2005

ANOTHER HOT DAY

I WOKE up in the middle of the night: I heard this spluttering sound.... I realized it was raining [finally!]. Of late, I've been sleeping with my window open to let the wind in on hot summer nights. It was indeed a welcome respite from the humid days [and nights] even if it lasted only a few minutes. Makes me feel like staying in bed a little while longer.

I guess we have to be thankful for little rains that come our way. The real bad news about rains or the lack of it is that in SHIKOKU, KOCHI-KEN's dam has reached 0% level and the populace have been dependent on bottled water for basic needs snce last month.

SCHOOL vacation is nearing its end, so I decided to 'clean a little, dust a little' here and there. Got to have the classroom ready for the kids next Tuesday.

CLEANED the main house as well. Lolo came back from his hometown trip. He brought home lots of 'pasalubongs' mostly delicacies from Kyushu. Got to sort that out later.

Today, promises to be a great day. Signs of summer are still in the air, although yesterday,I noticed that autumn is making itself felt: I was not able to water my garden at 6PM. It was darker than usual. I skipped that chore since I'm afraid of the dark.

HOT SUMMER. WARM SURROUNDING. BUCKETS OF SWEAT...and I feel tired.


No comments: