Wednesday, August 30, 2006

IT'S FINAL!

TOKYO will bid for 2016 OLYMPICS!
It was decided yesterday by the JOC and Tokyo won over Fukuoka.
Tokyo is a busy metropolis.....so is Fukuoka,
a southwestern Prefecture located in Kyushu,
the second-largest island in Japan next to Honshu.
Honshu is where I am right now, so is Tokyo.
***
Tokyo may be a nice location, but I wonder how
they will manage to contain all those tourists and athletes in a metropolis
whose main problem is arena, arenas, and more arenas...
Wala nang lugar dun, noh?
***
But then, the proponents of Tokyo must have other things in mind.
Tokyo once hosted the Olympics in 1964....the first in Asia, I believe.
***
Personally, I'd like it to be held in Fukuoka.
WHY?
While it is considered a little laid-back than Tokyo,
it has its international airports already placed since a decade or so.
It boasts of areas still undeveloped, and I heard that the place is real good....
I have passed by Fukuoka several instances in the past,
but never had the opportunity to stay and savor the surrounding areas.
It was on my way to MIYAZAKI-ken during the funeral services of Jiji's mother,BAA-chan.
***
A compadre-friend has business affiliation there and
the place several times a year to check on his import business.
He says the place is better,business-wise than Osaka.
I really have noooo idea.
***
But just for a change of scenery, sana.....
***
Anywayz, the JOC has voted and
Tokyo will make a bid in the next meeting of the IOC.
Here's wishing all the best to the promoters.....
***

No comments: