Saturday, August 05, 2006

Another Hiroshima?

Around this time last year, I wrote about Hiroshima.....
[please baktrack August 07,2005 entry:
No More Hiroshima!]

Another year has passed, and here is August 6 again.

Another hot summer day.
And people who adhere to PEACE will be gathering
at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park for the ceremony.
I cry....
I cry each time I remember Hiroshima.
I have never been to Nagasaki, but surely, one day I will.
I vow to visit and pay homage to one of the cities
devastated by the American forces
in the last WW.
As people here remember,
let us not forget that we are again on the verge of another war.
Iraq has suffered immensely.
Likewise, there's Afghanistan.
And now,
Lebanon's Hezbollah militia with
Israel.
*
When will all these stop?
WILL THERE BE ANOTHER HIROSHIMA?
**
Until Peace is achieved, there will be no rest.
BUT
HOW do we achieve Peace when there are people
who fight and kill each other?
...when there are those who keep and manufacture nuclear weapons?
...when people continue to feel superior to others?
....where is Peace?
....where ?
Tell me,
.......................
please!
*

No comments: