Sunday, August 27, 2006

IN THEIR FACE!

ALL OF A SUDDEN,
I saw some changes in the way these 'little' people talk to me!
Pardon the description: but my Tatay used to say:
"Chisai no hito wa, chisai na kangae.."
["Small people think small."Meaning: Kung malawak ang isipan mo,
hwag nang patulan ang may makitid na pag-iisip.
This doesn't mean those with small body frame.]
~
ALL because Bucho-san [Manager] and I went to their RYO [dorm]
unannounced with the Manager stating for all to hear:
"IN my behalf, Cory-san will do the checking."
~~
As I scanned their faces, some were stunned, I believe.
While the "masunurin~s" were quietly listening.
I guess they never believed
that I will be the one to rate them:
a vital aspect whether they will be retained to go on
working for two more years,
OR they be sent home pronto!
The Manager went on to say that whatever I say counts and that
he is taking my word as true, no doubt!
{*All the while, I was thinking, someone UP THERE must have LOVED me so
to deserve such honor and respect from the Bosses in one Company I work for.*}
But I remain unfeeling all through the meeting inside their kitchen area.
Although inside me, I felt vindicated becoz of the way several of them
snubbed me whenever I come a-visiting/checking.
~~~
THE MEETING
was suggested by the Manager himself.
He said last week that we are to meet with the Trainees.
He also said that it would be better if we do it on a Sunday so we can discuss many things
in detail, and all other issues on hand.
~~~~
The idea of going to the dorm UNANNOUNCED was mine....
para makita ng Manager kung anong gulo/basura/kalat ang dorm sa ganung araw....
.....actually, everyday nga. eh....
They only clean when they receive a call either from
the Manager or from me, na may dadalaw sa kanila.
Kung baga, may pasabi: kaya nakapaghahanda.
MOCHIRON [Of Course], malinis pagdating ko.....may pasabi, eh!
~~~~~
Anyway, nakita ni Bucho yung candy-wrappers na nagkalat sa garahe,
papel sa may harapan ng bahay....
yung namumuting sahig sa hallway...[kawawang bahay!]...and the toilet!
Specifically binanggit ni Bucho yung toilet.
Pinatayo talaga ako at pinatingnan....
I checked but the one cleaning said
she hasn't finished her chore yet.
~~~~~~
ALL in all,
I will play an important role on their lives hereon.....
as per instruction from the Owner
and the Manager.
THEN I NOTICED
nakadikit sa akin yung otherwise mga isnabera dati!
As Bucho-san and I were leaving,
some followed, mostly yung mababait na tatlo.
Others who used to snub me, followed suit...
nakikinig sa usapan namin ng Manager....
Isa pa, nakangiti, hah!
Smile
Aba! aba!
Electric
Buhay nga naman.....
ang daling kumambiyo!!!!
....but the words of the Manager
remains a slap on their face.....
******





No comments: