Thursday, July 27, 2006

BEATING THE HEAT

What can beat the heat?
Boiling Hot
Or better still, what must one do to beat this heat wave that
will be here until September,
when Summer is supposed to go?
Melting
Hmm...
lemme see......
Aside from the usual::::>
In The Pool
or
this>>> Sprinkler
When I was young, I remember Tatay boiling
some Green Mongo and letting it cool inside the ref.
He then adds crushed ice
[parang sa Halo-halo]
then sugar and lots of milk.
I didn't understand why
so I asked him why he tales time eating those.....
Eh pambata lang ang pagkaing yun, right?
He only said that it helps cool the body temp down.
I didn't pay much attention to that
until I saw on the tube
some medical segments on
how to survive the heat this Summer.
***
Actually in some parts of China,
and, specifically in Taiwan,
people there never....
[take note: never, ha.....so they say over there....]
experience heat stroke, or sunstroke.
It's becoz they have the food to
counter those.
****
I perspire easily, so I belong to the yellow group.
Some people do not seem to perspire that much.
They remain cool amidst the sun and the heat.
Those people belong to the red group.
Now the Yellow group, to which I belong
must partake of foods to help cool their body down.
These are: NASU[eggplant], TOMATO[tomatoes]
and SUIKA[watermelons].
I do not know why Japan has no Green Mongo
like those we have in Inang Bayan.
They eat lots of veggies but no Green Mongo!
So i guess I have to settle for
Tomatoes and Watermelons, huh...
plus gallons of Ice Water
Soda Cup 2
unless Maki sends me those Green Mongo
via EMS!
What Are Friends For?
******
*






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»