Thursday, June 22, 2006

WORKING FAR FROM HOME

More and more Pinoys are leaving for work abroad.
I know!
*
A very dear kamag-anak have been employed by the United Nations
to go to war-torn countries and help these laid-back countries
operate/manage their day-to-day lives.
**
Ganun pala yung working for the UN:
wala silang VISA.
Instead, they just bring their passports and
present a letter from the UN.
Pass agad!
***
OO nga at malaki ang sahod, plus other privileges....
but the RISKS are there...
Besides, there are places where no decent food is available...
****
He was in Baghdad for a week.
Then I read in the news that there was some bombing in Baghdad some weeks back.
When I called his wife, she told me that he was transferred somewhere in Central Africa.
He told his wife that at times, he relies on the oldreliable Biscuit for meals....
I hope he contacts me so I can send him even light meals
like noodles and other instant meals available here....
I have emailed him, but I wonder:
medyo malabo raw yung Internet connections nila dun.
*****
INGAT na lang sana, kung saan ka man naroroon....
GODSPEED, my dear....
And Be Safe!
******
*

No comments: