Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cold, Windy Sunday





It's cold outside my window. The wind is strong.
I sit and watch as those leaves go up, up in a throng:
Gold, and red and brown. Golden yellow love it brown!
They come from all over: from the nearby park, where trees abound.


In our garden, only one tree lay bare:
that Persimmon which lays as one enters the gate.
Evergreens line the property, enough to shield us all
From t he Lola next door, who always seemed to call.


Looking outside, a mug in hand,
I wonder what it's like in my dear Inang Bayan.
Ahhh! That place I have with trees around.
Makes me feel sad and happy;regret, there's none.


Life seems good. Life IS good!
The cold wind blows but my heart is warm.
I must Thank God, coz He's Good and Kind.
He makes me warm on these cold winter nights.

No comments: